EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/17/2012
Information We Collect About You
We collect information directly from you, from third parties, and about you as you use the Site and the Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You:
When You Register. Buyers must create an account with us prior to making an offer for goods and services through our Site or Application (these goods and services are sold by third parties, not us). We will collect your name and contact information (such as email address, mailing address, and billing address). If you make an offer through our Site or Application, then we also will collect payment information (e.g., credit card information) and verify your billing information. We also will collect information about the offers that you make. From time to time, we may seek your input on various customer service matters, and we may associate your responses with your account.
· User Generated Content. Portions of our Site and Services may allow you to submit your own content, such as reviews to the products that you purchase. We may combine the information that you submit in those portions with other information that we have collected about you.
· Contacting Us. If you contact us via this Site, email, phone, or other means, we will collect the information that you provide to us during that contact and we may combine it with other information that we maintain about you.
· Refer a Friend. If you participate in our Refer a Friend program, we will collect your email address and your friend’s email address.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites. We may also allow you to log into our Site and Application through your social networking accounts, including Facebook and Twitter. If you do this, we obtain information from these sites as follows:
Facebook. If you log into our Site or Application using Facebook, you must enter your Facebook email address and password. We will ask that you grant us permission to: (i) access and collect your Facebook basic information (this includes your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, date of birth, email address, and any other information you have set to public on your Facebook account); (ii) send you email; (iii) post to your Wall; (iv) access posts in your newsfeed; and (v) access your Facebook data at any time even if you are not using Facebook. If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public.
Twitter. If you log into our Site or Services using Twitter, you must enter your Twitter email address or username and password. By logging in through Twitter, you are granting us access to read Tweets from your timeline and see whom you follow.
These third-party social networking sites control the information they collect from you. For information about they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how these third party sites use or disclose the personal information they collect about you.
Third Parties. We also will collect information about you from other third parties. For example, if a third party merchant accepts your offer for purchase, then we may obtain information from the third party about your transaction.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that you provide to us through this Site, including your personal information (collectively, “information”) for the following purposes:
· To provide the Site and Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of the Services available on the Site, your use of the Site, and for other customer services purposes;
· To communicate with the Sellers listed on our Site;
· To personalize the Services we provide to you, tailor your experience at the Site and on the Application to your interests and make more appropriate recommendations;
· To send you e-mails, including personalized offers and other promotions about products and services that we believe would be of interest to you, and other communications about the products and services you have purchased through our Site from a third party;
· To manage our Site, Services and Application, diagnose technical problems, improve content and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with our Site is as efficient as possible;
· To process and track your transactions and to send you information about our and our affiliates’ and business partners’ products and services and other information and materials that may be of interest to you;
· To investigate, detect and protect BUYSTAND and other third parties against errors, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
· To audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
· To improve the Site, Application and Services;
· As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or
· For any other purpose to which you consent.
Sharing Your Information
We share your information predominantly for the purpose of providing the Services that you order through the Site.
· Service Providers. We will disclose the information that we collect about you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, these vendors may assist us in managing our Site, Application and our Services, provide customer service, deliver contracts, ship items, process credit cards, for research, marketing, data processing, to facilitate Site usage, and for other purposes.
· Social Networking Users. If you are a Facebook user, you can tell your friends that you “Like” us or our products. If you choose to “Like” us, we receive your Facebook user ID, the pages you were visiting when you chose to “Like” us, and other information about the offer you “Like.” If you are a Twitter user, you can tell your followers about us or our products using Twitter “Share.” If you choose to “Share” us, this information will be available to your followers.
· Marketing Partners. We may also share information about you with select marketing partners.
We also may share your information for the following reasons:
· Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the acquiring company.
· In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information that we collect about you to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
· Aggregate Information. We may also share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
· Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through this Site.
· Persistent cookies.Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
· Third Party Cookies. We also engage third parties to track and analyze non-personally and personally identifiable website data and to serve advertisements. To do so, we may permit third parties to apply cookies to users of our Site, where permitted by law, and, subject to your right to opt-out through the Network Advertising Initiative (as discussed below). We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can edit your browser options to block them in future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to this Site who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site; however, many site features, such as the shopping cart will not function properly if you do not accept cookies.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. We use web beacons, such as clear GIFs, web bugs or pixel tags, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about website usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, identify when our e-mails are viewed and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Site Analytics. As noted, we work with third party service providers who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use this Site. For example, we use a variety of third party web analytics, to help us improve the Site’s performance and user experiences.
Third Party Applications
Third party applications may be available on this Site. The owners or providers of those third party applications may collect personally identifiable information from you. Their collection of information is bound by their own information collection policies and practices. We are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by third parties.
When we advertise on third party sites
When you visit a site on which we advertise, or when you click through any of our advertisements, we may place cookies on your computer or use pixel tags to track information about your browsing activity. If you are a registered user, we may combine this information with the other information we have collected from you.
We may send you promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested, ordered or received from us.
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post the updated Policy at our Site.
How to access, modify or close your Account
You may modify the information in your account by logging into your account. If you request that we close your account, we will promptly do so, to the extent possible. Once your account is closed, however, you will not be able to use many of the Services or make offers, unless you re-register.
Please remember that we may not be able to honor your request if we are legally obligated to retain information, or for other reasons described in Retention and Storage.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, e-mail and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please e-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at BUYSTAND, LLC, ATTN: Legal Dept., 300 Fuller Street, Durham, NC 27701, with a reference to California Disclosure Information.
We will respond to such requests to information access within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above. If we receive your request at a different e-mail or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
User Generated Content
Applicable Terms of Service